On 2008-06-10 16:01, Yann Leboulanger wrote:
Marcin Zajączkowski a écrit :
(...)
I'm unable to use SOCKS5 proxy (tested with privoxy & tor and Gajim-svn - 20080604 night build). Every time I try to connect I see on my console (gajim.py -v): DEBUG: CONNECTproxy start Plugging <common.xmpp.transports_nb.NBSOCKS5PROXYsocket instance at 0x98015cc> into <common.xmpp.client_nb.NonBlockingClient instance at 0x904e08c> DEBUG: CONNECTproxy start Proxy server contacted, performing authentification
DEBUG: CONNECTproxy sent

and nothing more happens. I tried with using HTTP_PROXY environment variable and manual proxy definition as well. I haven't find any similar tickets in trac.

Maybe you know what can be wrong?
Is it possible to increase a logging level to see more details about that?

I haven't tested with tor + privoxy, but with ssh -D, and it works nicely:

Thank you for your answer Yann.
I checked my Gajim with ssh -D (I didn't even know about that option to get SOCKS5 proxy) and it was fine. I have also checked it with pure Tor and it worked either. It seems to be an issue with privoxy itself. I'm a little bit astonish, because a few other apps work with privoxy without any problem. I will try to debug it on the privoxy side.

Regards
Marcin