On 06/19/2014 09:58 AM, Florian wrote:

> With disabled account registration on trac it got harder to
> contribute with bug reports to the gajim development (and I do not think
> that sending login and password to the developers to create an account
> is the way to go) so I hope you can figure out how to handle your spam
> problem.

I hope too. mabe you can have a try now ;)

> Here is my little bug report:
>
> Debian Testing
>
> * Deinstalled gajim 0.15.4
> * installed gajim-nightly_20140617-1_all.deb and
> python-nbxmpp-nightly_20140410-1_all.deb
> * started gajim, goto plugins
> * it automatically seems to search for updates, and wants to install new
> plugin installer
> * error raised, this is the exception taken from gajim -v output:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/home/fff/.local/share/gajim/plugins/plugin_installer/plugin_installer.py",
> line 390, in available_plugins_treeview_selection_changed
>     self.plugin_description_textview)
> TypeError: display_html() takes at least 4 arguments (3 given)
>
> I can't reproduce it anymore though, since after playing around a bit
> the update got installed and the exception disappeared.

This error occured because you use a new version of Gajim with the old
plugin installer plugin (until you updated it)
As the error is in the plugin, there is nothing we can do in Gajim
itself. As you now have new version everywhere, problem is fixed.

> By the way, I do not know if this is known to you, but I am not able to
> connect to https://gajim.org with iceweasel, I get a "This Connection is
> Untrusted" without a way to accept an exception for this site. With
> Gnome Web it works though. It really becomes harder to be part of the
> gajim community

It's because I used HSTS and cacert is not trusted anymore :/
So I removed HSTS but the timout is about 1 year :/ :/
So clearing your cache should help.

Sincerely,
--
Yann