Hi,

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:19:04 +0200
Yann Leboulanger <aste...@lagaule.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your tests and feedback.

Sorry for a long response

> If you know more open server, I'm interested.

Sorry but I don't know such servers.

> Most server reserve that to their users.

And it seems gajim doesn't query an user's server about available proxy
server. Or something goes wrong. I tried both Pidgin and Gajim with
jabber.ru and the first one worked, it used proxy of the jabber.ru
server for the file transfer according its logs.

Does gajim tries to get info about available proxies from an account's
server? If it does then I will try to debug what's happening in my
setup.

> Notifying the user doesn't sound a very good idea to me.
> Most users don't even know what a FT proxy is. So telling them that if
> they use another server that has a proxy would help won't improve things
> IMHO.

But silently do nothing is also not an option, imho. I think the user
should find at least that Use file transfer proxies setting is not
available for her (e.g. grayed out). The reason can be hidden by
default somewhere, but still should be available for those who are
interested.

--
Regards,
Anatoly