Hi Yann;

> > a popup (GNOME) for each new message which also stays active until I
> > manually dismiss it. However, for messages in group chats, this
> > doesn't work - I always miss group messages because I never get
> > notified.
> >
> > Anything that can be done about that?
>

> What about the "notify_on_all_muc_messages" advanced option?

Negative. It just doesn't work, at least not like that. Best that
happens is the status bar icon blinking (which doesn't help much as it
is hidden in the lower left collapsed bar in GNOME 3.2x). I played
around with it a bit but never actually managed to get the window to pop
up if a new group message arrives. Merrily would help debugging this is
really required here, also could possibly read through some Python code
but am not really that deep into either XMPP or gajim sources to know
where to start...

> > PS I tried to subscribe to the gajim xmpp chat group but that
> > doesn't seem to work anymore?
>
> Hmm never tried to register in the room. I can look at prosody config.

Ah ok, never mind then. I thought this is a common place for users to
hang out. ;)

Merci and all the best,
Kristian