Paszkiewicz, Konrad wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have worked out what caused this. Its down to the configuration of my
> cluster which has both an internal IP address and external IP address. Both
> of these resolve to the same hostname.
>
> Using the external IP address with the API worked, whereas the hostname did
> not. If any other user has this program, you need to modify line 58 of
> scripts/galaxy_messaging/server/data_transfer.py to point to your external IP
> address rather than the host name.

Hi Konrad,

There are a couple solutions which would also solve this without
modifying source:

1. Use the IP address on which Galaxy is bound in the URL argument of
   display.py, instead of the hostname:

    ./display.py c43c7605ba60633a2ed60f46c12f354e
http://144.173.143.28:4000/api/libraries

2. Instruct Galaxy to bind to all available IP addresses.  In
   the [server:main] section of universe_wsgi.ini:

    host = 0.0.0.0

I hope this helps.

--nate