On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 08:51:25PM +0000, Peter wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:06 PM, David Hoover <hoove...@helix.nih.gov> wrote:
> > I just updated to the most recent version of Galaxy (hg pull -u), and now
> > the error is different:
> > An error occurred running this job: Error in hist.default(list(8, 6, 14, 8,
> > 10, 3, 8, 6, 3, 12, 12, 8, 8, :
> > 'x' must be numeric
> > What gives?
> > David
>
> Hi,
>
> R gives the error message 'x' must be numeric, so relevant questions
> are what version of R do you have, what version or rpy, and what
> version of Python (since Galaxy's tools tends to invoke R from
> Python via the ryp library - certainly the histogram tool does).

We had the same problem when we first installed Galaxy back in March:

    http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-dev/2010-March/002199.html

Looking through both our ticketing system and our local hg commits I'm
not finding what JJ did to fix it, so I'm cc-ing him on this.

JJ, do you recall?

(Lately similar problems, which all seem to be rpy incorrectly inferring the
type of its arguments, have caused us to rewrite many of the rpy using
tools to use rpy2 which the rpy developers say does a lot less
"guessing", but again JJ's driving the development on that and I don't
know where it's at).

And everyone says "what gives?". :)

--
Ry4an Brase                                         612-626-6575
Software Developer                                  Application Development