Hi Isabelle,
There is nothing special on the instance of Galaxy deployed through
CloudMan, so any changes performed to the configuration of Galaxy should be
tested the same way they would be tested if they were installed on a local
system. That said, if there are system dependencies that need to be
satisfied for some of the functionality to work, the update is more
complicated because it would, most likely, involve creation of a new AMI.
Especially if the mentioned functionality is not working on the default
instance of CloudMan, we should work out the issue and release a new
CloudMan AMI that fixes the underlying problem. I'll test the functionality
you mentioned on a new instance of Galaxy CloudMan and help you resolving
the issues.

Enis