Van: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] Namens Bossers, Alex
Verzonden: zaterdag 19 maart 2011 10:23
Aan: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Onderwerp: [galaxy-dev] DB access and passowrd field

Hi All,

I have some tools that generate mostly tabular output. The next step is to
aggregate the data for complex filtering and analysis. In my view the best way
to do by using a DB (MySQL in my case). Also in light of some data curation
tools we use externally of galaxy.

Tools and cmd line wrappers can easily connect to a DB (another database than
galaxy is using of course) when providing the details for access like
address:port, username and password.

Is there any way to embed a text field for a galaxy tool that is of type
password or blinded? Don't want to share user specific login details when
sharing histories or galaxy pages. Or is this a bad thing to pursue anyway?

Thanks for any directions.

Alex