anton wrote, On 04/01/2011 09:02 PM:
> We are getting multiple requests for this but did not have the
> bandwidth to do it.  So if you are planning to implement - share
> through the toolshed and we will roll it to main.

To start, this patch adds "SRA" binary type with sniffing and upload support:
http://cancan.cshl.edu/labmembers/gordon/files/sra_binary_data_type.patch

It only adds the datatype to "datatypes_conf.xml.sample", so existing
installations must manually add the following lines to their
""datatypes_conf.xml":
<datatype extension="sra" type="galaxy.datatypes.binary:Sra"
mimetype="application/octet-stream" display_in_upload="true"/>

and

<sniffer type="galaxy.datatypes.binary:Sra"/>

A question to people who are using "fastq-dump" on the command line:
What are the most common parameters you're using ?
I've heard about using Illumina or Sanger quality scale (-Q 64 / -Q 33),
Minimal read length (-M),
Clipping (-W),
quality filtering (-E).

Suggestions are very welcomed.