Taka,

Would you mind sharing the exact command you used to call workflow_execute.py?

It does sound like you're doing something very similar to what scripts/api/example_watch_folder.py does. That script also uploads from the file system to a data library and subsequently executes a workflow on the uploaded files. If you haven't already taken a look there, it could perhaps serve as another example for you.

-Dannon