Owen Hardy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up a local instance on OS 10.6 and was using some fasta tools but
> noticed fasta width formatter does not execute. Although it shows in my local
> web interface I do not see width formatter in the tools.conf.xml, nor does
> the python script appear in /tools/fasta_tools with the others.  I also
> browsed source from central and dist in fasta_tools and do not see it there
> either...Thanks for any help.
>
> An error occurred running this job:/bin/sh: fasta_formatter: command not found
> zcat: /Users/Owen/Galaxy/galaxy-dist/database/files/000/dataset_190.dat.Z: No
> such file or directory

Hi Owen,

Galaxy has various external dependencies for which it provides wrappers
- this is one of them, namely, the FASTX-Toolkit, available here:

  http://hannonlab.cshl.edu/fastx_toolkit/

If you install the Toolkit and insure that it's on your $PATH (i.e. you
can run 'fasta_formatter' on the command line), using it in Galaxy
should work.

--nate