Hi Guarav,

Since this question is regarding a local install, I've moved the thread
to the galaxy-dev list.  Please see responses inline below.

gaurav thareja wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for last reply and links about galaxy structure. The links were
> helpful. But still I am uncertain about many files and their uses. To
> previous question, I will require further help on following issues:
>
>    1. Where all users information is stored in file structure so that i can
>    add custom users  for my galaxy server?

They are stored in the database, in a table called 'galaxy_user'.  By
default the database is a SQLite file:

    galaxy-dist/database/universe.sqlite

We recommend using PostgreSQL, however.

By default, users can create their own accounts, and anyone can use
Galaxy anonymously.  This behavior can be modified in
galaxy-dist/universe_wsgi.ini with the 'allow_user_creation' and
'require_login' options.

You can always register accounts via the 'Register' link under the
'User' tab at the top of the Galaxy interface.  You can also create
accounts as an administrator from the 'Admin' interface.  Once you have
created your own account in Galaxy, just set that email address in
'admin_users' in galaxy-dist/universe_wsgi.ini to enable the admin
interface for your user.

>    2. Is it possible to customize left purple panel?

Yes, see the galaxy-dist/tool_conf.xml file.

--nate