On 06/28/2011 07:06 PM, colin molter wrote:
hi hans,
you are right.
it seems that even if i stopped galaxy
(i just stopped the run.sh command)

i still have a job running:
root     10441 97.0  0.0  77496  1772 pts/6    R    11:59 402:48 python
/opt/galaxy-central/tools/fastq/fastq_groomer.py /fs1/GenomicsData/ERP0005

it seems that the transformation of a fastq file is taking a lot of time (it
uses 100%of cpu since 7hours).
does it sound normal?

I am not very familiar with 'fastq_groomer.py' and without knowing the size of your fasta file, it is impossible to tell.

Have you tried a subset of your fasta file? May be your data is corrupt resulting in an endless loop?

Hans

i think i have better to kill that job and to try another way.

i stopped the job and it works
thx.