Hi Peter,

Yes, if you wanted to create a ticket in bitbucket for this patch that would be great. It is the best way to help us to keep track/prioritize. Please just submit, but don't change status from "new" or assign to anyone in particular. Do feel free to note whether a ticket is intended as a bug (fix), enhancement, or proposal.

Ideally, all submitted patches (from anyone) should go there. Then, the creator can email galaxy-dev with the link and a description to let our team and the other users know about it.
http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issues

When a tool is added to the Tool Shed, an email to galaxy-dev is also welcomed, to let the community know about what's new or to gather feedback. We encourage tool developers to submit first to the Tool Shed any stand-alone tools, then request if the tool might be appropriate for the core build (if they want and use is broad enough) as an enhancement.
http://galaxyproject.org/Tool%20Shed

To remind others (readers of this email), bitbucket is not intended to replace the mailing lists for suspected bugs/bug reports, questions, or general discussion.
http://galaxyproject.org/Support

The galaxy-dev list has become a very active community and we really appreciate all of your input Peter!

Take care,

Jen
Galaxy team