Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay in response.

e.g. column assignments (start,end,strand,etc) for tabular (interval) files.  A
somewhat complicated example of this is the cut tool
(tools/filters/cutWrapper.xml), which sets output format to be interval (if
required columns have been retained) and also sets the assigned columns to
their new locations. Please let us know if this is not the information that you
were interested it.

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan