On Sep 29, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Haden, Kirt wrote:

Galaxy team,

I am running a locally configured Galaxy instance using Python 2.7. I am
getting an error on SAM_to_BAM unable to fetch eggs. When I change back to
Python 2.6, the problem is removed and I can run the tool.

Is there a quick fix for this problem?

the README, at least for galaxy-dist, says Python 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 are
supported (although I believe they are dropping support for 2.4).