Hello Galaxy Folks,

NCBI has received a few requests to provide a mechanism for people browsing the
NCBI databases to download the data they have selected into Galaxy, so we are
looking into it. I know some other sites have done this, it looks like through
a URL based callback mechanism.

However, I know things can change over time, and I'd like to be sure that we
are assessing an approach that reflects your current best thinking, whether it
turns out to be something well established you are happy with, or if you might
be considering moving toward something new, we'd like you to tell us what you
think would work best for your users in your environment.

If you can just point me at a URL with the appropriate documentation, that's
great. If you'd prefer to dialog a little, we're happy to talk. If there is a
particular person we should be talking to, let me know.

Thanks for your help.

  Regards,
  Jim Ostell

James M. Ostell, Ph.D.
Chief, Information Engineering Branch
National Center for Biotechnology Information, NLM, NIH
Bldg 45, Rm 5AN.44A
45 Center Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892-6510