Hello Jim,

The last Galaxy release to the distribution does not include the latest Galaxy
tool shed features, so the distribution is not current with the documentation
in the tool shed wiki.  To use the tool shed features as described in the wiki,
you'll either have to pull from Galaxy central (
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central ) or wait until the next release to
the distribution, which should be within the next few weeks.  We apologize for
this inconvenience.

Greg Von Kuster

On Nov 3, 2011, at 8:23 AM, jjv5 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting a strange error in attempting to use the main Galaxy toolshed.
>
> I am using the latest version:
>
> galaxy@monolith:~/galaxy-dist$ hg pull -u -r 338ead4737ba
> pulling from https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/
> searching for changes
> no changes found
> galaxy@monolith:~/galaxy-dist$
>
> I have uncommented this toolshed line:
>
> galaxy@monolith:~/galaxy-dist$ grep shed universe_wsgi.ini
> tool_config_file = tool_conf.xml,shed_tool_conf.xml
>
> The shed_tool file is thus:
>
> galaxy@monolith:~/galaxy-dist$ cat shed_tool_conf.xml
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>    <toolbox tool_path="../shed_tools">
> </toolbox>
>
> And
>
> galaxy@monolith:~/galaxy-dist$ cat tool_sheds_conf.xml
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <tool_sheds>
>    <tool_shed name="Galaxy main tool shed"
> url="http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/"/>
>    <tool_shed name="Galaxy test tool shed"
> url="http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/"/>
> </tool_sheds>
>
> When I log in as Admin, click Admin the Galaxy main tool shed (under
> Tool Sheds) I get this:
>
> Not Found
>
> The resource could not be found.
> No action for /browse_downloadable_repositories
>

> I'm not sure where to go from here as I can find no info on this, but
> it looks like something tiny is messed up. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Jim

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team
g...@bx.psu.edu