On Dec 9, 2011, at 5:58 PM, Isabelle Phan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can any applications in Galaxy use GPU hardware (e.g. for processing next gen
> data)?

Hi Isabelle,

None of the tools bundled in Galaxy currently make use of a GPU because afaik,
none of them support it (although there have been some attempts, see:
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13497 ).  If any tool that can
run on a GPU is added to Galaxy, it could be scheduled to run on that specific
hardware via Galaxy's existing job running mechanisms, however.

--nate