Thanks. Do I need to have Galaxy running via apache for this to take effect?

Quoting "Redmond, James" <jredm...@wustl.edu> on Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:30:02 +0000:

That's the correct configuration, and it should disallow all bots from all files in that tree. Robot exclusion files are just a request, though, and not compulsory; if that particular user-agent becomes a real issue, then it may be better to find a way to block it through your HTTP server.

Jim Redmond
Department of Developmental Biology
Washington University in St. Louis
jredm...@wustl.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu [mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of SHAUN WEBB
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 8:40 AM
To: galaxy dev
Subject: [galaxy-dev] googlebot

Hi,

my paster.log is full of errors relating to a googlebot trying to access a library file.

I noticed a robots.txt file in the static folder configured as such.

Disallow: /

I thought this would stop all bots accessing all files. Should this be configured differently?

Thanks
Shaun

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.