Including a tool in a section of one of the tool configs that populates the
Galaxy tool panel is only relevant to the Galaxy instance, not a Galaxy tool
shed.  If a user installs a tool shed repository from a tool shed to their
local Galaxy instance, they can choose a specific section label in which to
load the tool into their tool panel at the time of installation.  See
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Tool%20Shed#Automatic_installation_of_Galaxy_tool_shed_repository_tools_into_a_local_Galaxy_instance

On Dec 27, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Aaron Quinlan wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> In a previous email (below) you mentioned that the tool_conf.xml is not
> necessary for tool shed repos.  Consequently, is there no way to add section
> labels when a repo includes multiple tools?  For example, I'd like to have
> section labels like the Picard tools have (e.g., "CONVERSION", "QC
> METRICS...") on the main site.
>
> Is this possible somehow?
>
> Best,
> Aaron
>
> On Nov 23, 2011, at 9:51 AM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:
>
>>> Here is my current repo including just one tool:
>>>
>>> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repository/browse_repositories?sort=name&f-email=aaronquinlan%40gmail.com&f-deleted=False&webapp=community&operation=view_or_manage_repository&id=9ef275703ecd32f4
>>
>> This looks good, but a couple of comments:
>>
>> 1. There is no longer any use for suite_config.xml - it was used in the old
>> version of the tool shed, but is no longer used.
>>
>> 2. Including tool_conf.xml is not necessary - nothing is done with it.
>>
>> 3. Support for data types used by your tools that are not included in the
>> Galaxy distribution will be available soon, so if your tools use them, you
>> can include code files that include classes that support them.  More
>> information about this will soon be available in the tool shed wiki, but let
>> me know if you have questions about this.  Your current tool doesn't fall
>> into this category.
>>
>> 4. Make sure that your tool configs include the <requirements> tag sets if
>> the tool has a dependency.  This is the tag set that will enable the use of
>> the future fabric scripts discussed above.  See the section of our tool
>> config syntax wiki for details:
>> http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#A.3Crequirements.3E_tag_set

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team