I'm at the final stage of deploying our Galaxy instance.  I'm implementing
the proxy server and load balancing with 1 job runner, and 5 web runners
using Apache.  I'm following the guide on:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Config/Performance/Web%20Application%20Scaling

All the Galaxy universe_wsgi.[webapp|runner].ini changes are fine.  When
editing the Apache configuration, I discovered a slight problem.

First off, instead of modifying /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, I created
/etc/httpd/conf.d/galaxy.conf.  The /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf reads
/etc/httpd/conf/*.conf for additional settings.  I thought it best to put
changes here instead of polluting httpd.conf.

One of the last changes in the docs is to Apache's rewriting rules is to
change

RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*) http://localhost:8080$1 [P]

RewriteRule ^(.*) balancer://galaxy$1 [P]

The problem with this however is that "http://<machine>/galaxy" not longer
works.  Only "http://<machine>/galaxy/" (note the trailing backslash).
 Without the trailing backslash, HTTP requests never get past Apache's
rewrite rules.  I *think* the correct change should be:

RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*) balancer://galaxy$1 [P]

This seems to work for me (so far) and allows initial requests with and
without the trailing backslash.  Can I recommend this as a change to the
docs?  Also, can I recommend documenting a separate galaxy.conf for Apache?
 I'd be happy to provide mine as a model, if you'd like.

Ryan