Hello,

I'm very new to Galaxy development.  What we've got is a tool we've created
that will use our own API/web services in order to use BAM files in our
database as the data source in Galaxy.

I got it to work on a very tiny BAM file, but now that that is working, I tried
it on a larger one and am seeing the following error:

An error occurred running this job: Unable to fetch https://[address to method
calling web service]:
'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 25686: ordinal not in
range(128)

As far as I can tell from Google, it appears this error has to do with python
expecting ascii, but I'm calling Galaxy with the following code:

                String MimeType = "application/octet-stream";
                BufferedOutputStream out = new
BufferedOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());

                byte[] result = [call to my web service];

                response.setContentType(MimeType);

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=GalaxyResponse");
                out.write(result, 0, result.length);

Is there anything wrong with this?  Or is there some other code I might need to
modify, such as in data_source.py?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Brian Luerman
Intrepid Bioinformatics