Holger,

Have you looked at how dynamic options work and whether they would be
sufficient for your use? See the<filter> tag syntax for details:

http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#A.3Cfilter.3E_tag_set

To specifically address your problem: can you determine the particular place
where the syntax error is appearing? And can you provide a link to the thread
that you're using as a starting point?

Thanks,
J.