On Feb 13, 2012, at 3:08 AM, Huayan Gao wrote:

> Hi Nate.
>
> I am ok now.
>
> The code I copied from wiki was using galaxy_dist, while my folder name is
> galaxy-dist.
> After I changed the path in the code, the problem solved.

Hi Huayan,

I've updated the wiki to refer to galaxy-dist rather than galaxy_dist.  Sorry
for the confusion.

I would suggest moving galaxy out of /var/www/html.  From the documentation:

    Please note that Galaxy should never be located on disk inside Apache's
DocumentRoot. By default, this would expose all of Galaxy (including datasets)
to anyone on the web.

Galaxy is a proxied application and as such, only the static content like
javascript and images are served directly by Apache (and this is set up with
the RewriteRules), everything else is passed through to the Galaxy application
via a proxied http connection.  Right now I could presumably use the URL
http://server/galaxy/galaxy-dist/database/files/000/dataset_1.dat to view a
dataset directly.

--nate