Dear list,

As a first attempt to put my tools in the cloudman/galaxy environment, I have tried to just crudely copy them to their respective directories, along with tool_conf.xml. This worked, but some tools raise errors upon loading them that I cannot reproduce in my local Galaxy instance (neither in a galaxy-dist, nor in a galaxy-central fork). Something with required "value" fields in some <param> tags (some of which are optional="true").

I would thus like to know which Galaxy fork/branch/version is running on the most recent AMI (March 2011 I believe), to be able to troubleshoot this locally.

In case it would be a somewhat older Galaxy that is in the AMI, is there a way to update it (via hg), or a manual that shows how to check out a full cloudman/galaxy/SGE environment on an otherwise empty ubuntu-EC2 instance?

cheers,
jorrit