Hello Daniel,

I had the same problem when I started to work with Galaxy workflows.

My workaround is:

1) Modify the first tool of the workflow

Make it work on a simple text file that contains a list of input file paths (one by line) instead of several files.

2) Create a galaxy tools that can create this list from a galaxy history

3) Build a workflow with only one input slot for the first tool (the list)

Hope this helps :)

Have a nice day,

Aurélien