Hi Daniel,

My apologies! I misunderstood what your question was about.

You are correct, the required inputs are defined when the workflow is created. For tools that accept a variable number of inputs, when that tool is added to a workflow, the run-time parameters, including expected inputs, are defined.

Did you have a particular tool in mind? We can ask Dannon for some suggestions/comments if you want to share your ideas about how this sort of processing would flow.

I am glad you wrote back. Please send more details if you want and we can try to offer more (better!) help,

Best,

Jen
Galaxy team