Jan;
Glad to hear you got Galaxy running successfully. It sounds like
everything is good to go once we sort out the disk space issue.

> > However, when I try to use NX to get the virtual desktop going I get the
> > message usr/bin/nxserver: line 381: echo: write error: No space left
> > on device.
> >
> > Using the df -h command, I get:
> >
> > Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> > /dev/xvda1             20G   19G     0 100% /
> > udev                  8.4G  4.0K  8.4G   1% /dev
> > tmpfs                 3.4G  660K  3.4G   1% /run
> > none                  5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
> > none                  8.4G     0  8.4G   0% /run/shm
> > /dev/xvdb             404G  202M  383G   1% /mnt
> > /dev/xvdg1            700G  654G   47G  94% /mnt/galaxyIndices
> > /dev/xvdg2             10G  1.7G  8.4G  17% /mnt/galaxyTools
> > /dev/xvdg3            200G   11G  190G   6% /mnt/galaxyData
> >

> > So, I guess my question as a new user is: How do I point Galaxy and
> > CloudBioLinux to all of this unused space?

By default CloudMan will put files into /mnt/galaxyData. However, as
you noticed the main filesystem got filled up at some point. Could this
have happened while transferring files over from S3? Are there files in
your home directory that you could delete or move to /mnt/galaxyData to
free up space?

CloudBioLinux and CloudMan shouldn't put a large number of files in the
root directory, but when the root filesystem is full it's going to be
very unhappy. Once you manually clear up some room there hopefully
things will run smoother.

If that doesn't help let us know and we can dig into it further. Thanks,
Brad