Galaxy Cloudman doesn't support automatic addition of EBS volumes yet, though
it is something we're looking at long term.  If the volume is already in the
same Availability Zone as your cloud instance, the following steps should work:

        • With the volume checked, click More... -> Attach Volume, select your
instance and set the device (the default device name filled in to the dialog
once you select your instance is acceptable).
        • Log in to your instance using SSH: ssh -i
/path/to/your/ecs_ssh_private_key ubu...@ec2-1-2-3-4.compute-1.amazonaws.com
        • Become root: sudo -i
        • Mount the volume: mkdir /mnt/yourVolumeName; mnt /dev/sdf
/mnt/myVolumeName

The volume is now mounted and should be accessible via the regular filesystem.
Note that by default, this mount point won't be monitored by the cloudman admin
interface.  And, lastly, I haven't tried it but if you mounted it as
/mnt/galaxyData (assuming based on your description that you're not using the
built in galaxyData volume at all), it would probably show up as expected.

-Dannon