Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to set up our local Galaxy so it can run jobs as the real user. I followed the documentation and set the galaxy user as a sudoer. However, I get an error message whenever I'm trying to run a job:

galaxy.jobs.runners.drmaa ERROR 2012-04-19 14:57:48,376 Uncaught exception queueing job
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/g/funcgen/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/jobs/runners/drmaa.py", line 133, in run_next
    self.queue_job( obj )
File "/g/funcgen/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/jobs/runners/drmaa.py", line 219, in queue_job job_id = self.external_runjob(filename, job_wrapper.user_system_pwent[2]).strip() File "/g/funcgen/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/jobs/runners/drmaa.py", line 427, in external_runjob raise RuntimeError("External_runjob failed (exit code %s)\nCalled from %s:%d\nChild process reported error:\n%s" % (str(exitcode), __filename__(), __lineno__(), stderrdata))
RuntimeError: External_runjob failed (exit code 127)
Called from /g/funcgen/galaxy-dev/lib/galaxy/jobs/runners/drmaa.py:427
Child process reported error:
python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looking closely, it's the non-root user it tries to switch to that doesn't have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly set, so there should be an environment inheritance issue. However, I tried to print stuff from the scripts/drmaa_external_runner.py script in EVERY WAY I could think of, to no avail. As if it doesn't even run. Which is surprising since root can run python properly, so it really looks like it's really changing users.

I really fail to see where the problem could come from, so if you have leads to suggest, I'll be forever grateful.

Best,
L-A