OK data library, (brand new).  I upload one BAM file using galaxy's "Add
Dataset"

I start a new history, titling it, "testing multiple use". I import to
current history.  I run a job that reads the BAM file and produces some
output.

Everything works.  I have 13 output data sets in the history, all showing
green.

Now I create a second history, called "2nd use same dataset same library"
Again I check the box and click "import to current history"
Then I try to run the same job as before...

[bam_header_read] bgzf_check_EOF: Invalid argument
[bam_header_read] invalid BAM binary header (this is not a BAM file).
[main_samview] fail to read the header from
"/.../galaxy/database/files/000/dataset_961.dat"  (Ellipsis is mine, not
Python's)

Oh my, looking in that file space, I discover that my BAM file is at
dataset_962.dat.

Was gibt?

Michael Moore
.