On May 9, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Tilahun Abebe wrote:

> Hi Jen,
>
> Thank you for the suggestions. I did try to log in to Galaxy under User
> -->Login. The password is the one I use for the Galaxy Main. However, it
> gives me the error message "No such user (please note that login is case
> sensitive)". I do not see a place to set Admin password in the
> universe_wsgi.ini file.
>
> Here is how I setup the Admin permissions under Users and Security in the
> universe_wsgi.ini file:
> 1. id_secrete = gave a mix of numbers and letters
> 2. use_remote_user = True
> 3. remote_user_maildomain = tilahun.ab...@uni.edu

Hi Tilahun,

If you're using remote_user and your authentication is done upstream (e.g. in
Apache) then you'll want to modify your remote_user_maildomain.  That parameter
should be everything after the @ sign, so if you authenticate in Apache and
Apache sets the REMOTE_USER header to 'Tilahun.Abebe', then
remote_user_maildomain should be set to 'uni.edu'.

> 4. remote_user_logout_href = None
> 5. Admin_users = tilahun.ab...@uni.edu
> 6. require_login = True
> 7. allow_user_creation = False
> 8. allow_user_deletion = True
> 9. allow_user_impersonation = True
> 10. allow_user_dataset_purge = True
> 11. new_user_dataset_access_role_default_private = True
>
> Can you check and let me know information I missed?

If remote user authentication is correctly set up, you should not have a "Log
In" link under the User menu.  You should always see the "Logged in as
tilahun.ab...@uni.edu" item in the menu instead, and that item would not be
clickable.

--nate