Ah, yes. This is what I was just requesting yesterday in the email
that I sent, although it was much more long-winded. I didn't see this
email chain from the day before. Having a user-representative
directory structure would be beneficial in my mind.

I followed/understood your suggested directory structure up until the
arrows. Are those supposed to be symlinks? If so, what do you have in
mind? I was thinking that just having those subdirectories by user id
under files/ would be enough (although I could see how you could
symlink them to some other arbitrary location if you so desired).

My desired application was so that I could set up an FTP share to the
files/ directory so that our users could copy their (processed) files
off of the Galaxy server to other servers in our environment as well
as one of our other clusters. Having the datasets segregated into the
user's/owner's subdirectories would make it easier to identify and
copy them off for that purpose.

-Josh