Hello,

It's likely that samtools is not in Galaxy's path because Trackster uses the
same path as Galaxy does. Also, many tools in Galaxy use the Galaxy PySam egg
rather than the samtools binary, so it's possible that you can run a tool that
uses "samtools" without the binary in Galaxy's path. Which tool were you able
to run successfully?

Probably the best idea is to simply convert SAM to BAM and then uses Trackster
on the BAM. Visualizing SAM datasets is occasionally problematic due to missing
metadata and large sizes, and SAM is simply converted to BAM before
visualization anyways.

Best,
J.