> I did manage to log in now after the postgres installation by re-registering.
> However my workflow is gone. Is there a file stored in galaxy by default
> which I can reupload to retrieve my workflow?.

Moving to a new database will make all your previous data inaccessible as it's
no longer in the database that Galaxy is using, so this behavior is expected.
You could:

(a) reconnect Galaxy to your SQLite database and export (download) your
workflow and then
(b) change Galaxy to use your PostGres database and import (upload) your
workflow.

> Also it seems that I am no longer able to upload files. It's only a 300kb
> test file but it seems to be uploading forever.

The database used should not affect uploading. Are you still having problems?

Best,
J.