Hello Hans-Rudolph, If I remember correctly, the release in March did not properly handle the scenario where new tool entries were made within an existing section of the tool panel or new tool panel sections were added to specific locations of the tool panel. In both these cases, the new entry (tool or tool section) were appended to the end of the section or panel rather than inserted into the desired location. This is probably the cause of the behavior you are seeing. This issue was corrected in the next Galaxy release after the March release.
Greg Von Kuster On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Peter Cock wrote: > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Hans-Rudolf Hotz <h...@fmi.ch> wrote: >> HI >> >> >> We have been struggling with this problem since we updated to >> "changeset:6799:40f1816d6857" (March 12, 2012 release). We never had the >> time to figure out whether it was a bug or whether we made a mistake. >> Unfortunately, it now has reached a point where we have a serious problem >> with our production server. > > I saw something funny like your screenshot of the funny with labels > on our machine when I last modified our tool XML file. It seemed to > be caching something from the old XML... > > Note so far we've not installed anything automatically from the toolshed > (just manually). I've not dug into the issue - just mentioning this as a > clue that this is probably not unique to your Galaxy installation. > > Regards, > > Peter > ___________________________________________________________ > Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all" > in your mail client. To manage your subscriptions to this > and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at: > > http://lists.bx.psu.edu/ ___________________________________________________________ Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all" in your mail client. To manage your subscriptions to this and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at: http://lists.bx.psu.edu/