On Jul 17, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Julian Pradinuk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if someone who has downloads working through apache (using
> xsendfile) has encountered this error when downloading HTML files:
>
> (13)Permission denied: xsendfile: cannot open file:
> /galaxy_data/production/tmp/tmpN0ydYt/library_download.zip
>
> The output from ls -lZ /galaxy_data/production/tmp is:
> drwx------. galaxy galaxy unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0
> tmpN0ydYt
> The output from ls-lZ /galaxy_data/production/tmp/tmpN0ydYt/ is:
> -rw-rw-r--. galaxy galaxy unconfined_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0
> library_download.zip

Hi Julian,

This should be fixed in 7588:068a043f6bb1, which will be in our next stable
release.  You'll need to make sure that your Galaxy server process starts under
a umask(2) that will give group and/or other permissions.  If you allow
group-only access, your Galaxy user will need to start with a group that your
Apache server is a member of.

--nate