Hi all,

I am writing a wrapper around Razers mapper. Currentty, Razers has three versions, the latest being razers3.

Since it's under development, what is the best way to deal with new versions?

- write a different tool config for every version, giving them different ids like 'razers3', 'razers4'. These tools will appear all simultaneously in the tool box. Every version needs to be installed independently from the toolshed.

- or write a tool config with id 'razers' and set a version in the xml <version_command>. Then when a new version comes out, I update the wrapper completely to match the new version. In this way a user can select the different versions can be selected at the top of the tool parameters page in Galaxy, right? How should I deal with naming the version: follow the config file I wrote (version 1.0.0 for razer3, 2.0.0 for razers4 - can cause confusion though.)

- or write a wrapper for the tool 'razers' in general, parsing the selection of which version to use to the wrapper, and deal with it over there?

I hope I explained my issue clearly.

Thanks,
Joachim

--
Joachim Jacob, PhD

Rijvisschestraat 120, 9052 Zwijnaarde
Tel: +32 9 244.66.34
Bioinformatics Training and Services (BITS)
http://www.bits.vib.be
@bitsatvib