Hi,

You can use label="$input.name"

Cheers,
Joachim

Joachim Jacob, PhD

Rijvisschestraat 120, 9052 Zwijnaarde
Tel: +32 9 244.66.34
Bioinformatics Training and Services (BITS)
http://www.bits.vib.be
@bitsatvib

On 10/26/2012 04:38 PM, Darin wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to Galaxy, and I've been asked to tweak some tools so that output file names are related to input file names. For example, an input file of myData.abc might lead to an output file named myData_afterMyTool.xyz.

I think the user is really just interested in the labels showing up in the history panel, so that gives me some flexibility.

In my development environment, I've changed one tool's xml file's output tag to this:

<outputs>
  <data name="out_file1" format="bed" label="${input1}_afterTool.xyz"/>
</outputs>

... and that seems to work, but it's using an internal file name, instead of the label for the input file.

So - does anyone know if there's an easy way to get the label from the input file into the output label, instead of the path/dataset_n.dat file format for this name? If there's a better way to approach this, I'd love any suggestions on that, too.

Thanks,

Darin