Hi,

I contacted with this question vendor tech support (Dell), but they could not
answer (or did not want to) and directed me to Galaxy developers. I am using
RHEL58 and SciLinux55 and want to install a local instance of Galaxy. Both my
systems are based on Python 2.4. Question - can I install Python 2.6/2.7
locally without messing up the system? I was advised earlier not to make system
install, but being unhealthy curious I did and ended up with reinstalling
SciLinux 55 from scratch.  How to make sure 2.6/2.7 will not mess up the
system's Python?

Thanks,

Vladimir