Thanks Peter.

My next question is, I have found that VCF files don't get split properly
as the header is not included in the second file as is usually required by
tools (such as vcf-subset). I have read the code and am happy to implement
this functionality but am not to sure where this would best be done.

I see a class Text ( data ) which looks like every datatype is sent to.
Would it be best to implement a VCF class which is called when the datatype
is VCF?

Cheers,
Ed