In this case, it's useful to differentiate between (i) the AMI that Galaxy
Cloud uses and (ii) the Galaxy code running on the cloud. I suspect that (ii)
is out of data for you; this is not (yet) automatically updated, even when
starting a new instance.

Try using the admin console to update to the most recent Galaxy dist using this
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist/

(not galaxy-central, as is the default)

Best,
J.