Hi all,

It seem that performing the Python version check in the
set_metadata.py script (and most of the other scripts) would
give a much clearer failure in this situation (accidentally running
under Python 2.4). This is what scripts/paster.py does:

# ensure supported version
from check_python import check_python
try:
    check_python()