Hi Peter,

Excellent suggestion. I've replaced the outdated hard-coded minimum version
check in set_metadata.py with a call to check_python() in changeset
8171:4b62ed46e5b6. As you note, there are likely other scripts that could
benefit from a similar change; patches and pull requests are always welcome.

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan