On Nov 8, 2012, at 8:55 PM, Liisa Koski wrote:

> Hi Nate,
> I'm back to trying to figure this out again as I am running out of disk
> space. I added the bit of code you suggested below, but I don't think it
> helped, I'm not so familiar with python.
>
> I'm now running Galaxy Reports and it tells me that I have 7479 datasets that
> were deleted but have not yet been purged.
>
> I get the error below when I run cleanup_datasets.py with both the -5 and -4
> flag
>
> Marking as deleted: LibraryDatasetDatasetAssociation id 6907 (for dataset id
> 51991)
> Deleting dataset id 51991
> Deleting library dataset id  7225
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 526, in <module>
>     if __name__ == "__main__": main()
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 124, in main
>     purge_folders( app, cutoff_time, options.remove_from_disk, info_only =
> options.info_only, force_retry = options.force_retry )
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 247, in
> purge_folders
>     _purge_folder( folder, app, remove_from_disk, info_only = info_only )
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 499, in
> _purge_folder
>     _purge_folder( sub_folder, app, remove_from_disk, info_only = info_only )
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 499, in
> _purge_folder
>     _purge_folder( sub_folder, app, remove_from_disk, info_only = info_only )
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 497, in
> _purge_folder
>     _purge_dataset_instance( ldda, app, remove_from_disk, info_only =
> info_only ) #mark a DatasetInstance as deleted, clear associated files, and
> mark the Dataset as deleted if it is deletable
>   File "scripts/cleanup_datasets/cleanup_datasets.py", line 373, in
> _purge_dataset_instance
>     log.debug( '%s %s has None dataset' % ( type( dataset_instance ),
> dataset_instance.id ) )
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Ah, I was looking at the wrong level.  You have a library_dataset without an
associated library_dataset_dataset_association.  The following SQL should
return it and any others:

    select id from library_dataset where library_dataset_dataset_association_id
is null

Although the output indicates that the offending library_dataset id should be
7225.  The easiest way to solve this problem is probably to orphan the broken
library dataset, e.g.:

    update library_dataset set folder_id = null where id=7225;

--nate