Hi Samuel,

You can import and use the restore_text function from galaxy.lib.util to
restore the characters.

Alternatively, you may want to look at customizing the sanitizer you are using
for the tool input, e.g. only sanitize the quote character that you are using
around the command-line argument or even not sanitizing any characters if your
python script can use a file ('configfile') as the input:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#A.3Csanitizer.3E_tag_set

http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/Tool%20Config%20Syntax#A.3Cconfigfile.3E_tag_set

Thanks for using Galaxy,

Dan