On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Sveinung Gundersen
<sveinung.gunder...@medisin.uio.no> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are wondering if it is possible to activate anonymous use of the workflows
> and the visualization (trackster) features of Galaxy, somehow?
>
> This is a strict requirement for the acceptance of our new paper in a
> specific journal.
>
> Hack solutions are also welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Sveinung

I'd also been been worried about a similar requirement to ensure reviewers
could have anonymous access to software run as a service. In that case
even providing dummy accounts to the reviewers might not have been
allowed (since the administrator could easily 'spy' on what the reviewers
did or didn't try).

Given this potential barrier to publishing a paper using or extending
Galaxy, I would hope extending Galaxy so that users can choose to
share a workflow (or visualization) with anyone - even an anonymous
user - would be a priority.

Is there a trello issue on this? Searching there isn't very intuitive to me...
http://galaxyproject.org/trello