Hello Johannes,

I reset all of the metadata on your flexbar repository and I believe it now
displays everything correctly.  Metadata is now associated with the following
changeset revisions:

14:69ddef2ec7d2 - this is the repository tip and contains Flexbar version 2.31

12:4cbf6c6d2f2b - this changeset has metadata associated with it because it
contains Flexbar version 2.3

5:0a7a3e7559b4 - this changeset also contains Flexbar version 2.3.  Metadata is
associated with this changeset because you deleted the Flexbar tool from the
following changeset (6:c0c9b43670d0)

The behavior you describe is a result of the way you uploaded the various
changes to independent files.  When you upload a file, a new mercurial
changeset revision is created, and metadata is defined based on a comparison of
the parent changeset revision and the new repository tip.  The basic rule for
setting metadata is if certain components of the parent changeset is not equal
to or a subset f the current changeset (the tip in this discussion).  This
approach works very well in most cases, but not so well in corner case
scenarios like this one.  Setting metadata on repositories in the tool shed is
a very complex process, so getting it perfect in every scenario is difficult.
I'm always improving the process though, and I'll attempt to correct the
behavior for this scenario.

The workaround that corrects the behavior in this and all other corner-case
scenarios is to manually reset all metadata on the repository after all of your
uploads are completed.  This process inspects the entire changelog instead of
just the repository tip and immediate parent changeset.

I just committed changeset revision 8663:982aa4ecc7b5 to the Galaxy central
repository that allows repository owners to reset all metadata on their
repositories using the Repository Actions popup menu form the Manage repository
page in the tool shed.  This feature used to be restricted to only Tool Shed
administrators.

This change set is currently running on the test Galaxy tool shed and will be
available on the main Galaxy tool shed 2 Galaxy releases from now.

Thanks very much for reporting this!

Greg Von Kuster