Van: Greg Von Kuster [mailto:g...@bx.psu.edu]
Verzonden: maandag 4 februari 2013 16:25
Aan: Bossers, Alex
CC: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Onderwerp: Re: [galaxy-dev] Toolshed tools minimal requirments for submission

Hello Alex,

In very general terms, a repository should include everything necessary for
ensuring each if it's contained utilities is functionally correct when
installed into a local Galaxy instance.  Categories of Galaxy utilities are
Galaxy-specific tools, proprietary Galaxy datatypes, exported Galaxy workflows,
3rd-party tool dependency definitions and repository dependency definitions.

I believe the content of the original tool shed wiki is mostly retained in the
current wiki.  The original wiki was just divided into document sections, and a
lot of new content has been added because of the many new tool shed features
that have been introduced.  The main section detailing repository content it is
here:
http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Tool%20Shed#The_contents_of_your_tool_shed_repository.
  This page include many related pages whose links are at the bottom of the
page.

It is not possible to give a precise, but general definition of what should be
included in all repositories because repositories can contain different types
of Galaxy utilities.  Each of the sections of the wiki page link above
describes how to include these various Galaxy utilities.

Even Galaxy tools fall into various categories.  For example, some are very
simple, requiring no 3rd party tool dependencies and the tool form does not use
dynamically generated select lists.  These generally only require a script and
an XML file.  However, more complex Galaxy tools may require additional
supporting content to be included in the repository (e.g., a
tool_data_table_conf.xml.sample file. etc)

If you could provide more details about what types of utilities you are
building, I can steer you to the wiki pages that provide information about
those specific utilities.

Thanks!

Greg Von Kuster